the windup

Posted in Uncategorized by Keegan on August 11, 2009

I recently got this cheap little waterproof camera and have been wanting to test some stuff out with it. Here is a quick video edit I did from a session a few days back. Click on the image to play it.

Click for

The camera, when pointed directly at the sun, replaces the intensity with a black dot. Kinda weird, but what do you expect?
I am surfing on a BZ foamy longboard, handholding the camera. I have some more angles and different mounts I want to play around with in the near future, especially before I go back to Indonesia in september for 6 weeks.

If you want to embed the video, check the direct link to the vimeo page HERE.

1. i am said, on August 11, 2009 at 10:14 am

your greatest fan of all time.

2. leasedferrari said, on August 11, 2009 at 12:29 pm

sick little vid buddy

3. Dad said, on August 11, 2009 at 1:45 pm

I love the combo of the unhinged fun of Keith Jarrett/Jan Garbarek and the unfettered nuttiness of this video. Surf wars!

4. Grant said, on August 11, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Looks so fun. I need to get out in the water again.

5. matt r said, on August 11, 2009 at 3:54 pm

leo’s got great style; a throwback to the days when style mattered.
    Good stuff keegs.

6. katelin said, on August 11, 2009 at 6:31 pm

this is so fun! i love it!

7. Lebro said, on August 11, 2009 at 7:02 pm

doesn’t get better than that

8. ^^^ said, on August 11, 2009 at 9:16 pm

Your work is as if your brain made up it’s own form of communication with everything else in the universe. – it DOESNT get better than that.

9. Jun said, on August 12, 2009 at 9:44 am

Great color, editing, music!
    I wish I could surf…

10. lew said, on August 13, 2009 at 6:54 pm

So,, my favorite is the intro to the orange board. nice timing on the freeze frame. much character in that one shot.. music,, bueno,, fun,, and timeless. reminds me of what summercamp might have been like if i was a little jewish kid from agoura. close but no cigar. The raw “Coming to a VCR Near You” type quality of the camera is pleasent and brings back memories of a non-HD time in my life. Thanks Keegs.
    P.S. the black spot is weird.. i think is a self defense mechanism so the camera doesn’t get all bloodshot like we do after a long one in the sun. thats what i think.

11. electric death said, on August 18, 2009 at 10:29 am

so sick! where is that break! looks like an awesome spot

12. Hatemail said, on October 8, 2009 at 9:27 am

What kind of camera is that?